In this help article you will find step-by-step instructions how to set up your SiteMail Xchange (SMX) mailbox on your iOS device using the Mail app and ActiveSync.
ActiveSync allows synchronization of Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders from the SMX server to your mobile device.
Please note that only SMX Sync or SMX Collaborate mailboxes have ActiveSync available. SMX Mail mailboxes does not support ActiveSync, but you can upgrade your mailbox in SiteControl any time.
ActiveSync configuration instructions
1. From the Home screen go to Settings and tap Mail.
2. Tap Accounts.
3. Then tap Add Account.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
5. On the Exchange screen, enter your email address and a description of your account. Then tap Next.
6. On the "Sign in to your Exchange account using Microsoft?" pop-up, choose Configure Manually.
7. On the credentials screen, enter the correct Password and then tap Next.
8. Enter the following email configuration settings and tap Next.
Email: Your complete email address
Domain: Leave blank
Username: Your full email address
Password: The email password you use to sign in to your account.
9. The Mail app will verify if your email settings are correct. If they are incorrect, please edit them and make sure that they are properly configured.
10. On the next screen, you will be able to select which mailbox items you want to synchronize. Tap Save to finish the account setup.
How to check if you are using our secure settings?
When you set up your email account on your device, iOS automatically uses SSL encrypted connection.
To make sure that your email account was set up using our secure settings, you can compare the settings in the Mail app with our correct settings. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below.
1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap your email account.
2. Tap your email address next to Account to see the email configuration settings.
3. Verify that you are using the correct settings (server name, username and password).
4. There is one last setting to verify. Again from the Account screen, go to Advanced Settings.
5. Finally, double-check if SSL is turned on.